Monday, August 28, 2006

L'il O'Hare

It becomes obvious upon viewing this photo, that the design of O'Hare airport is nothing more than a "Trumped-up" version of the Chefornak airport or CYF, as it is known by the FAA.

Though this airport may in fact appear to be anything but, I assure you it possess' the one qualifying characteristic that makes a piece of land an airport: planes take off and land here. Undoubtedly, this is the reason the airlines and natives alike, advise staying off the runway.

But, I'm a fool of the curious variety (a lethal combination to be sure) and my desire to find what happend at the runway's end ultimately led to a face-to-face encounter with a single engine cessna. The runway seems to have a clear exit strategy on both sides, but the area is in fact surrounded by small ponds and areas of tall grass that don't speak honestly of the solid ground that may or may not exist beneath it. Hence, these areas should not be construed as "safe zones", particularly when approaching planes are flown by pilots of a vengeful nature.

As I analyzed the situation approaching me I became increasingly convinced that the pilot who met me on the runway desired to teach me a lesson. As the plane drew near it became obvious that if I wasn't going to duck, I would find myself, for the first time (though some may claim otherwise) with my head separated from my body.

Exhilarating.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Kruk said...

Randy

Glad to have you.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home