Friday, September 29, 2006

The Posse


If and when you decide to come to Chefornak, I assure you a posse will be awaiting your arrival. In fact, I am certain they already know that you are entertaining the thought as they have undoubtedly tracked your thoughts via their internal radar system. As soon as you step off the plane, they'll be there. When you wake up in the morning, go to the store, to the post office or out to visit a friend in the village, they'll be there, waiting.

And once you've been detected, any child within a 100ft radius is instantly uprooted from his/her location and subsequently drawn to you in such a fashion that one can only conclude that these children are 25% Yup'ik Eskimo and 75% magnet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Kruk said...

Well, I suppose it depends on how you look at it. Formally, these are not my students as it is not my assignment to teach them. However, in the village you're never off duty, so I would consider these students to be my students in an informal way.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home