Sunday, September 24, 2006

What happened?


For some time now I had neglected displaying the image of my luxurious abode. I repeatedly debated in my mind whether or not I would be perceived as an arrogant prick, intent on inspiring envy. However, I have come to terms with my reality and thought it best to expose the truth despite the jealousy it may inevitably arouse.

I don't know where it was that I heard that a college education was the ticket to a good job and possibly a step up the social ladder. I suppose for the most part that this may be true as I know many who have done quite well for themselves and within a relatively short time from graduation. However, as I sit here in my living room (the table and chairs to the left of the bed) I can't help but wonder how I managed to rupture the rung of the ladder I had once stood upon, which caused me to slide down a step or two to my present quasi-homeless station in life.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kruk,
I would trade my day job in for the life you live in a second. You're away from reality, constant nagging, exhaustion, hang-overs, colds ( I have a horrible one right now) and most importantly cell phones. I would happily throw my cell phone into the beautiful Bering Sea. By the way I will be looking for you on this season of Deadliest Catch.

I envy you my friend.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you do with the mattress during the day? Just leave it there? Where's your bathroom? Does that TV have cable? If I come visit can I sleep in the classroom too?

9:10 PM  
Blogger Brian Kruk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Brian Kruk said...

Jason,

Its good to hear from you. Please allow me to extend a pre-wedding congratulations. You and Jamie are good people, whose company I have always appreciated. Enjoy yourselves on your day in Vegas and I look forward to a time when we can re-unite and continue the engaging, thoughtful, and humorous conversations which we naturally gravitate.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home