Monday, October 16, 2006

Kindred Spirits


My experiences have shown me that moments of instantaneous understanding between humans are often few and far between. Getting to know, understand, appreciate, and enjoy another is usually the product of shared experiences and sustained effort. Yet, there are times when one finds recognition of oneself in another and the understanding is both instant and complete.

With each setting sun I have desired that the morrow would bring me closer to my dream of possessing a beard. My hope has always been that the patches of hair on my neck would someday inspire my cheeks to action. Yet, everyday I rise to disappointment.

However, my pain was lessoned some the instant I set eyes on Kathleen, for she bears the same burden as I. No words were spoken concerning our inability to grow full beards, yet we both walked away from our encounter in much higher spirits knowing that neither of us were alone in the struggle.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently the spas in Chefornak aren't offering hair removal yet?

3:51 AM  
Blogger Brian Kruk said...

Nor are the offering products or services that promote hair growth, which renders both of us stuck in the netherland of facial hair growth.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home